Friday, May 1, 2015

What if...

What If technology wasn't a big thing in today’s society. What if people actually looked and talked to each other instead of having their nose in the latest phone, tablet, etc. It bothers me when I am with someone and all they do is look and play with their phones and don’t interact with anyone around them. I don’t like how technology is shaping us. Whether we see it or not, I think it is. We could be doing the most exciting thing and someone around us would have their phones out. Taking pictures, or snap chatting, or putting stuff on twitter, Facebook, Instagram. We can’t live without our phones and that is a problem. Considering how quick cell phones popped up, it’s kind of scary how they will affect us in the future. Then no one uses pencil and paper anymore. All of the work is done online, using a computer. Now, I think it is definitely easier to use the computers at times, but I don’t think we need to use them constantly. We are so focused on materialistic things around us, that we don’t see what’s in front of our noses. Family and friends want to be able to talk to people but cant if they aren't listening because they are catching up on the newest vines. Its frustrating to me. When I am with a friend, I am taking time out of my day to see them. Not watching them watch their phone. I do like these computers though. They work pretty well and are helpful at times. I just think we need a balance with technology. I like to actually spend quality time with people. I like to watch movies, or go to the park with my little brother, just anything fun that doesn't cost too much money, because I am broke. I'm starting a job at charming charlies though. So that’s exciting. Ill actually have money to go out and have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment