Friday, May 1, 2015

Winter Wonderland


I used to like the snow when I was younger. As I grown up though, I realize that it kind of sucks sometimes. I don’t like driving on it, and I just hate being cold in general. It gets gross after a day or two after the snowfall. Ice is terrible too. You pretty much know if you are getting snow, you are most likely getting ice too. The first snowfall of the season was November sixteenth. I know that because I was in a car wreck that day. My first serious car wreck. I was going on a first date with a guy after church, and two minutes of driving we hit an ice patch going on James River freeway, and lost control of the truck and drove off the road into a ditch. It doesn't sound that bad, but when you factor in that us both weren't wearing seat-belts, I didn't have an airbag, and the ditch was very steep, it was a little more serious situation. I was fine until we hit the bottom of the ditch. I opened my eyes when the truck stopped and looked straight at the windshield. It had a huge hole in it with blood around the hole. I looked down and saw blood dripping from my face unto my lap. The guy I was on a date with, climbed out of the window and tried getting my door open. After he did, he took me and placed me on the snowy cold ground while he called for help. I remember thinking that it was a dream or more like a nightmare. I knew my lip had been split open and that I was losing too much blood. Little did I know how serious the damages actually were. I couldn't believe how much blood I was losing. To the point where I couldn't open my eyes because all I saw was blood going down my eyelashes. The police got there and called my mom and let her know what happened. The ambulance came shortly after. They helped me up the huge ditch where the ambulance was and started going to the hospital. Cutting off my clothes right in front of my date. Pretty embarrassing. Once I got there they started stitching my face up. I had no idea how bad it was till after five hours in the ER. The doctor was telling me how long it would take to completely heal and describing the injuries. I realized I had stitches literally, all over my face. I didn't know it was that bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment