Friday, May 1, 2015

Waves crashing over me

I haven’t been to the ocean many times. I could probably count on one hand how many times I have experienced it. I love the ocean because to is peaceful to listen to. It’s fun too. To ride the waves and build sandcastles. My family went to Pensacola Florida two summers ago, and we built the best sandcastle. I was pretty impressed with ourselves. I don’t care if it’s cold out or not, I will most likely be in the ocean when no one else is. One November, when my dad lived in South Carolina, we went to Myrtle Beach when it was about fifty degrees out. It was thanksgiving break and it was one of the first times I have been to the ocean. I pulled up my pant legs and took off my shoes and went straight in. I didn't fully submerge into the icy water, but most of my body was drenched from the waves running into my body. After a while, you couldn't feel the coldness anymore. Just having fun and splashing my older brother with the salty cold water. What I haven’t seen yet are mountains. I have always wanted to see mountains. One of my dreams is to go to Alaska. I don’t like the cold, or snow, so that’s interesting that I want that. One of the reasons I want to go though, is to see the Northern Lights. I have always wanted to see those since I was a little girl. I wanted to experience that myself and not just see them on pictures, but see it with my own eyes. I think I will be able to make it soon. In less than five years though, the lights will be out of Alaska for eleven more years. The lights go in cycles. Every other eleven years the lights move from Alaska to somewhere else, and back after another eleven years. I have five more years to see them. Unless I want to wait for sixteen years, but I wouldn't like that at all. That would be a dream come true if I got to see them. They are so beautiful and I am already saving up to go on that wonderful trip. I have heard that Alaska is a beautiful place, so that’s an experience that I want to witness for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment