Friday, May 1, 2015

What do I believe in?

I believe laughter is the best medicine. When I am really down on myself, it would take a miracle to get me to laugh. When I am hurt or upset I like to be by myself and isolate myself from the rest of the world. Which isn’t the best thing to do because you could get even sadder about the situation. However, if someone can make me laugh during those times of trouble, I forget what was wrong for a second and laugh about what was said or done. When I was in my car wreck I was really down on myself because my face was ripped apart. So I isolated myself from my family and friends for a good week or two. My sister came in my room one of those days and started talking to me and treating me like myself. Not the injured person that I was. Which was a good thing. She watched movies with me and when I made fun of her or something she would act like she was going to hit me, then I would say that my face hurt while acting so pathetic and was joking around with her. Then she decided to push me off of my own bed. That was the first time I laughed in weeks, and I forgot about the horrible thing that happened, and remembered that I would be the same eventually. The emotional healing was happening a little slower than the physical. It was the best thing that could of happened though. I forgot all of the pain and suffering for a little while the laughter was flowing out of me. No pill or medicine could of made me happy again. Just the joy of having someone treat me like my usual self and laughing about it

No comments:

Post a Comment