Friday, May 1, 2015

Creeper time

Coffee shops are a must, when studying for midterms during college. I see a young girl doing her studies with a coffee in hand. It seems like these days coffee’s just uniform on people in college. It might be a given that she’s exhausted. She seems tall, but the way she slouches over her computer makes her look a bit on the short side. She’s skinny, with a skinny ponytail. Very quiet and minding her own business. Unlike me, who watches complete strangers. Her glasses fall right above the frown on her face that shouldn’t be there. Her tattoos pop out against her white skin. Very colorful and vibrant. With the reds bursting out of her skin, and the greens looking like it came fresh from a meadow.

She put some headphones on, while looking at her computer. Her frown she was wearing vanished when I heard her talking to the computer. I figured it was skype. Couldn’t help but overhear the conversation on her end. Talking about how much she misses that person, and how she wishes she was there. I couldn’t blame her, I would rather be there than at a coffee shop where strangers ease drop on your conversations.  My heart melted when I heard her say, “Mommy loves you”. When she said her goodbyes, she closed the computer screen and smiled. Then I knew, she wasn’t lonely. She had all the love in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment