Friday, May 1, 2015

Its out there

It’s hard to pick just one thing I believe in, because I believe in a lot. I believe in doing things that you might have never done before. Trying new things and going to new places. Experiencing things that you would of never thought you would. I think it is healthy to learn new things. If you get caught up in the same old routine every day you aren’t learning anything. You are stuck. I find myself making the most memories when I try new things. Especially when they are spur of the moment kind of things. Not planning it out all the way, and being spontaneous. I think through adventure, you find out what you are capable of. F. Scott Fitzgerald said something that I think it completely true. “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” I believe in adventure.
 It’s never too late to be who you want to be. To do things that will shape who you are and question things you have never questioned before. To grow while you stretch your horizons. There is a certain excitement to do new things. Learning things outside of school and work. Getting out of your routine and finding out things you never knew you would enjoy doing.
Even the smallest of adventures can help shape who you are. I find myself doing the most memorable adventures when I am scared of it. Like heights. I am scared out of my mind when it comes to heights. For example, thirty foot cliffs over the water. I will never forget jumping off of it though. It changed me a little bit. I would have never thought I was capable to do that.  Doing adventures should be a little scary though. If it isn't, then you need to aim higher.
They are not always fun or good adventures. Some can be bad and scary. Some can be bad in the beginning, but turn out good in the end. I have been through quite a few adventures that have not been good. Have been hurtful and sad. Going through those however, have helped me grow as a person and managed things in a new way.
How boring life would be without adventure. Not getting a hands-on experience. There would be no excitement or thrills that you would have. That’s scary, isn't it? We all want to look back on ourselves years down the road and say, “Wow, I have come a long way from where I was before”. If we don’t say that, and we are exactly the same, then that’s a little scary to me.  Adventure is out there.


                

No comments:

Post a Comment